Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Administrator
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Agricultural Loans Officer is mainly responsible for mobilizing, appraising, disbursement and recovery of loans within their portfolio in line with the credit policies, procedures and set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building Client Relationships: Mobilizing and sensitizing customers about Bank products including, potential mapping, deposit mobilization and enrolling new clients for the financial card in line with set targets.
- Appraisal and Monitoring:
o Carry out loan appraisal exercises in line with lending policy of the bank.
o Preparing documentation and presenting loan project proposals to the loan committee for decision-making and giving feedback to applicants in line with the lending policy and procedures of the Bank
o Preparing approved loans for disbursements according to the terms and conditions spelt out in the lending policies/procedures.
o Responsible for evaluating loan performance in line with disbursement terms and conditions
o Conduct snap checks on teller activities including ATMs in line with the Operations Manual
- Loan Recovery: Initiating recovery actions for loans in default including written off loans in line with loan policy guidelines and procedures.
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Agricultural Loans Officer job placement should hold an honours University degree in Agriculture – Crop Science, Agricultural Economics, Agri-business, Extension options or related field.
- Ability/willingness to ride a motorcycle for effective field loan appraisal and recovery purposes.
- Willingness to serve at any rural branch or operational unit wherever and when posted.
- High potential to effectively appraise/recover loans to Bank’s lending expectation.
- Positive attitude and willingness to relate well with the rural folk.
- Highly flexible, courteous and business enterprising.
- Energetic and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Forward looking, innovative with sound awareness in lending business issues
- Age: 28 years and below
Note: Pass degrees are not eligible
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5:00 pm