Job Title: 4 Research Assistants (No Experience Jobs) – Palladium Uganda Jobs
Funding Source: U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Project Name: Health Policy Plus Project (HP+)
Duty Station: Kampala, Gulu, Mbarara, Lira, Kwen, Mayuge, Moroto and Kisoro, Uganda
Palladium Uganda Jobs: We develop and deliver solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
The USAID-funded Health Policy Plus Project (HP+) seeks to conduct an analysis to deepen understanding of the policy environment around GBV and develop strategies to accelerate policy implementation for improved family planning outcomes.The activity aims to identify and summarize gender-based violence (GBV) related policies in Uganda and examine how those policies are being implemented and monitored, and how they relate to family planning outcomes. HP+ will use the results of the analysis to identify lessons learned, develop practical recommendations to strengthen implementation of GBV policies, and improve their effectiveness and sustainability.
Job Summary: The Research Assistant will support data collection for the Health Policy Plus (HP+) activity in Uganda. The main audience for the analysis is governments, civil society, and donors. The research assistants will be responsible for interviewing district-based key informant respondents, transcribing notes, and preparing comprehensive reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in a data collector training in Kampala
- Use key informant guide developed by HP+ to conduct 16-24 key informant interviews with district based respondents
- The incumbent will transcribe interview notes
- Prepare and submit analytical district reports
- Collect district and relevant sub-county GBV guidelines, bye-laws, plans and budgets for analysis by the HP+ Team
- Provide HP+ with any notes taken during the interviews, or documents provided by key informants as supplemental information.
- Prepare report documenting the field work and data collection process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Research Assistant jobs should preferably hold Bachelor’s degrees in social sciences, public health, development studies (or a related field)
- Educational background in research and qualitative methods strongly desired.
- Proven experience in conducting qualitative interviews required.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of local governmental structures and policy processes in Uganda; understanding of current GBV, health and family planning policies and programs in Uganda required.
- Prior experience interviewing local government stakeholders strongly desired.
- Strong work ethic and ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Acholi, Lango, Kupsabiny, Runyankore, Lusoga, and Rufumbira
Duration: 15th July – 30th September 2017 (Up to 15-20 days)
NB: Only Ugandan nationals or those authorized to work in Uganda will be considered. No international benefits will be offered.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan nationals should send an updated CV and cover letter to Elisabeth.Rottach@thepalladiumgroup.com.
Deadline: 29th June 2017 by 11:59pm