Job Title: Administrative Officer – Hunger Aid Africa Jobs
Organization: Hunger Aid Africa
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Hunger Aid Africa serves as a convener, thought leader and voice of our community. Because we want real, long-term change, we work smarter: We mobilize our members to think and act collectively because we know more is possible that way. We also know that how we get their matters. So we set high standards. We insist on respecting human dignity. We work in partnerships.
Hunger Aid Africa Jobs: We are seeking to recruit an Administrative Officer who will serve as a key member of the programs’ administration and finance team. S/he will be responsible for functions in the offices associated with property management including IT, equipment and transportation while managing the Organizations Clusters inventory assets and ensuring that the master database inventory is updated. S/he will be located in Kampala Office.
- Supervise DA1 filing processes.
- Maintain administration files and records.
- Oversee the leases and subleases, if any.
- Assist in the procurement of goods and services.
- Support the IS Officer to oversee hardware maintenance.
- Oversee maintenance and mileage logbooks for all motor vehicles.
- In-charge of motor vehicles including coordination of daily drivers’ duties.
- Point person for the Internet Service Provider in the absence of the IS Officer.
- Assist in annual project budgeting process regarding administrative components.
- Coordinates duties and activities of Drivers, Admin Assistant, Stores Clerk and Receptionist.
- Manage the Programs Clusters inventory assets and ensure that the master database inventory is updated.
- Manage all office facilities, equipment, vehicles, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs for country offices in Uganda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, office management, social sciences or related area.
- A minimum of one year’s experience working for a national or international NGO in an administrative capacity.
- Proven experience in managing a variety of office functions including procurement, management of property, equipment, vehicle fleet, information technology, insurance and security issues.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office computer packages.
- Ability to plan and work independently and make decisions without close supervision.
- Organized, accurate, efficient and capable of thoroughly handling detailed work assignments.
- Proven ability to work in teams as a team member, player and leader and supervise team members.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications: 15th August 2019.