Job Title: Project Officer – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2020
Dept: Child Protection BNO – BCRP Project
Organization: Plan International Uganda.
Reports To: CPiE Coordinator
Duty Station: Arua, Yumbe
The Project Officer Child Protection reports to the CPiE Coordinator BNO – BCRP Project. He/she supervises Case Workers. He/she assists the CPiE Coordinator and the Project Manager in facilitating effective implementation of BNO -BCRP Project activities to ensure project results are delivered in in time and line with project proposal, PIU West Nile emergency response strategy as well as Direction générale de la Coopération au Développement – DGD requirements. He/she is accountable to the CPiE Coordinator for all project deliverables in relation to key principal project objectives, specific objectives and result areas 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the BNO- BCRP project. He/she assists the CPiE Coordinator and project manager to ensure effective budget utilisation and project performance to 100% target on monthly/ quarterly basis.
Plan International Uganda Profile:
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Building Community Resilience for Protection of Refugees and Host community Children and Adolescents in West Nile Project, aims to contribute to building protective environments for refugees within refugee settlements and host communities to ensure children and adolescents affected by the crisis thrive and feel safe from all forms of violence, including SGBV, and, have access to appropriate age and gender responsive protective services. It is a 24 month emergency response project funded by the Ministry for Development Cooperation Belgium through Plan International Belgium National Office (BNO). It will be implemented in West Nile covering: Rhino Camp in Madi-Okollo and Arua and Bidibidi Refugee settlement in Yumbe and host communities where these settlements are located.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working in Close consultation and with supervision from the CPiE Coordinator, the Project Officer Child Protection performs the following roles to implement the Child Protection component of this project:
- Provide technical guidance and specialized child protection expertise for implementation the child protection activities under this project.
- Support in developing and implementing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project work plans, project activities and budgets in line with the approved BNO-BCRP project proposal, work plans and budgets.
- Prepare and submit to CPiE Cordinator, high quality activity, weekly, quarterly and annual narrative reports for all completed activities.
- Coordinate effectively with other project officers and other staffs implementing similar projects in PIU West Nile Area to leverage efforts, build synergy, team work and deliver high quality project results
- Support tracking, monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of project outputs, outcomes, impact or results and changes in close collaboration with CPiE Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Support effective project budget utilization, management and monitoring for activities directly implemented by Plan staff and partners and ensure 100% project performance target on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support timely accountability for funds used to implement project in line with Plan international accounting policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Assist in effective management of project resources including procurements in accordance with Plan International Uganda policies and guidelines and in accordance with grant conditions.
- Support with representation in child protection sector working group meeting (CPSWG) meetings with UNHCR other stakeholders at settlement and district level in close consultation with the CPiE Coordinator and Project manager.
- Assist with project risk management in the implementation of the project to minimise their occurrence and possible effects on the project in line with Plan International Risk Management policy and project risk mitigation measures
- Ensure compliance with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and guidelines in all project activities.
- Mobilize target community members, children, families and key stakeholders at settlement level and host communities, Sub County and district level to participate in BNO – BCRP project activities.
- Organize and directly facilitate trainings sessions and other capacity building initiatives for child protection committees, mentors, children groups, parents/ caregivers, chid protection case management.
- Support BNO – BCRP CPiE Coordinator, Project Manager and Emergency Response Manager in developing Concept papers/ proposals for funding opportunities.
- Performs additional duties as per the request of the CPiE Coordinator, Project Manager and Emergency Response Manager.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work, Child Development, Child Protection, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience in managing child protection in emergency programs.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in promoting CPiE programming
- Experience and skills in the use of participatory approaches and rights-based programming.
- At least 3 years professional experience in implementing CPiE programs in humanitarian context.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in networking with other development partners in the field.
- Good oral and written communication in English and local language where assigned
- Good knowledge of ICT.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: 10th July 2020 by 5:00 pm