Job Title: Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Registered Midwife in charge
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly worked in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
The Finance Assistant / Cashier will be a key member of the Imvepi/Rhino team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Finance Manager and Field Coordinator, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Operations Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers.
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received.
- Pay cash to the payee in Imvepi Office.
- Prepare cheque for approval and payment to the payee.
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers.
- Act as a cashier.
- Make field payments.
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in Kampala on cash transfers and obtain monthly cash projections
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Diploma or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of one year working in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite).
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- A knack for detail. Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Thursday 23rd July 2020.
Subscribe to Blog via Email