Job Title: Project Assistant/Store Manager – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Abt Associates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the US Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded PMI VectorLink Project. VectorLink will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assures that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure, accounted for, and safely stored at the project’s district-level stores.
- Receives, delivers, and registers IRS commodities, and ensures that storage facilities at the parish-level are ready for IRS operations.
- Take stock of store inventory, do gap analysis for procurements
- Supervise the parish storekeepers and ensure accurate record-keeping
- Ensure all documentation for IRS supplies and logistics is correct and updated
- Mentor the District Supply Officers in logistics management
- Participate in training of parish storekeepers in logistics management
- Advise Logistics Coordinator and Senior Management of the Project on logistics and procurement needs
- Participate in the identification of stores and need for repair
- Ensure that all pumps are maintained and serviced prior to the next spray round
- Ensure all IRS waste is sorted, packed and transported to the waste store
- Other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
- Secondary School completion (minimum) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Management, Administration, or another relevant field, and 1+ years of experience in warehouse management.
- ( 3+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply for Abt Associates Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: September 3 rd 2020.