Job Title: Office Administrator – MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Duty Station: Buvuma
Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) Profile:
The Government of Uganda (GoU) has received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards financing a ten-year National Oil Palm Project (NOPP). The project is being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) as the Lead Project Agency, in partnership with other agencies, private sector and farmer Organisations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the front office and receive the organisation’s clients.
• Perform general clerical duties to include: photocopying, faxing, mailing (sign for and distribute courier packages), filing, compiling, transcribing and making project meeting appointments with relevant stakeholders.
• File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports, and maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for the organisation.
• Maintain and distribute organisation staff weekly travel schedules.
• Organize and manage the Hub Manager’s calendar, and interaction with PMU, MAAIF, and other key stakeholders
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• In liaison with the PMU Communications Officer, assist in special events, commissioning of works, product launch, and annual review workshops etc.
• Oversee all aspects of general office coordination
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Hub Manager.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• At least a Diploma in Secretarial and Administration Studies or a related field.
• At least Five (5) years’ experience in general office responsibilities and procedures.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of the organization, planning, records management and general administration.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint, email and internet applications
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Other general qualifications:
• Be a Ugandan citizen with a National Identification card
• Have general knowledge of project and business management with emphasis on work planning, budgeting and reporting;
• Be computer literate and well versed in the use of word, excel and internet;
• Be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines;
• Be fluent in English – written and oral and demonstrate excellent report writing skills;
• Possess advanced advocacy, communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as a team member;
• Be conversant with rural development strategies and gender equity;
• Have a working knowledge of GOU policies, operations and reforms;
How To Apply For MAAIF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit written applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating contact details of three (03) referees should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries,
And hand-deliver them to the Ministry Registry located at Plot No.14 Lugard Road Entebbe P.O. Box 102 Entebbe.
Deadline: Monday 12th October, 2020 at 4.00pm