Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Yumbe and Moroto.
The Laboratory Assistant will ensure that laboratory services of the health facility, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards. They will ensure that laboratory services at the site are well managed, laboratory investigations on clients are carried out, the required health quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment is maintained and laboratory reagents and supplies are effectively used.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out phlebotomy for all tests to be conducted;
- Receive/collect, lab samples and analyse/test them;
- Keep accurate records and confidentiality of tests conducted;
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce accurate results;
- Participate in development/updating and implementation of laboratory standard operation procedures (SOPs);
- Participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the health facility laboratory;
- Carry out quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment;
- Assist in drawing-up laboratory plans and budgets;
- Mentor the laboratory volunteers and any other trainees;
- Ensure the safety of clients in the laboratory.
- A Certificate in Laboratory technology or diagnostics
- At least two years of working experience in a similar position
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: not later than Friday, February 5th, 2021 by 12:00 pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.