Job Title: Administration Intern – Deloitte Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Deloitte Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Deloitte Uganda Profile:
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 330,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte (Uganda) Limited currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic persons to join our Internal Clients Services – Administration team as an Intern. This position will be based in our Uganda office in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the reception area is kept tidy at all times;
- Receive and record incoming hand deliveries, sign for them, and place in trays for dispatch to the different departments and staff;
- Receive clients and visitors and notify relevant department/staff members of their arrival;
- Receive telephone messages and advise staff or clients;
- Ensure that outgoing all outgoing mails/documents are registered and signed for upon pickup by the right recipients;
- Hold letters, cheques and documents for collection by clients;
- Ensure necessary publications are available at the reception;
- Arrange for accommodation for incoming staff in liaison with the Procurement office;
- Maintain confidentiality and proper records management of clients’ information;
- Archive files in liaison with the Administration & Security Officer;
- Organize for stationary, vouchers and follow up with de clean desk etc.;
- Co-ordinate courier services;
- The front line for COVID 19 office protocols (Record staff in the office daily, check the temperature of staff and all that access office and emphasize SOPs are observed daily); and
- Attend to the reception in the absence of a Receptionist.
- Book meeting rooms through outlook calendar for staff as and when requested;
- Manage Partners’ diaries;
- Order all office stationery/ business cards including all printed stationery;
- Request for cash for Newspapers, Water, Partners lunch and other related items as and when they arise;
- Order all kitchen consumables, i.e. sugar, tea bags, Coffee etc;
- Maintain stock controls of all office materials and consumables;
- Process office recharges for DHL packages;
- Assist in preparation of monthly costing of outgoing couriers for re-charging, and pass them to the Administration Officer for checking and forwarding to the Finance department before the set deadline.
- Raise receive, record and submit local purchase orders;
- Follow up on all invoices in assigned areas to ensure the correctness of invoices, timely approval and follow up on payments;
- Involvement in supplier’s procurement processes;
- Recharge the stationery and photocopy docket;
- Ensure that the office machines/equipment are in good working order at all times and any faults reported and necessary repairs carried out in a timely manner;
- Ensure that drinking water and disposable cups are delivered as per the contract; and
- Ensure that water is delivered to the drinking points.
- Oversee the security of the office by ensuring doors are locked at the prescribed time and report any security issues arising to the Admin/Security Officer; and
- Ensure that all light bulbs in the offices are replaced immediately they blow up.
- Coordinate logistics and planning for special events, conferences, meetings and other training on or off-site including booking rooms, preparing presentation materials, ensuring that catering services and other necessary materials are available.
- Support in focalization, dispatch and follow up of fee notes as requested.
- Provide clerical support by attending departmental (and other selected) meetings, preparing agenda, point record and circulate minutes and timely follow up on action items after meetings; and
- Contribute to the development of effective communication and knowledge management systems, including efficient handling of paper flow, storage, retrieval and sharing of information within the department and wider firm, updating departmental procedure manuals and practice guidelines, while maintaining the necessary levels of confidentiality.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Focus on quality and risk;
- Problem-solving ability;
- Good business acumen; and
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
How To Apply for Deloitte Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Deadline: 7th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.