Job Title: Receptionist/ Administration Assistant – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Ref No: GIZ – RELAPU/R-AA/042112
GIZ Uganda Profile:
GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and the Federal Republic of Germany funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims “to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Central and Eastern Uganda”. GIZ-RELAPU received co-funding by the European Union for the implementation of a project component on Improvement of Land Governance in Uganda on private Mailo in the districts of Mubende, Kassanda and Mityana in Central Uganda. GIZ is recruiting Receptionist/ Administration Assistant with a strong background in administration to support the implementation of its programme.
Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office. Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors. Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
The receptionist / administrative assistant will be in charge of:
1. Reception services
- Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them.
- Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member.
- Registers, documents and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (e-mails, packages and personally delivered messages).
- Ensures deputisation for other staff members.
- Ensures visitors are comfortable by offering newspapers, refreshments etc.
2. Office work and services
- Ensures creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, e-mail).
- Sorts and distributes incoming correspondence (e-mail, fax, other official documents).
- Makes photocopies and scans documents if and when required.
3. Support to Administrative Experts
- Supports the preparation and organisation of events, meetings and activities in close collaboration with the staff members of the project (invitation letters, reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and per diem, etc.).
- Compiles and organises information materials, taking into account corporate design regulations of EU and GIZ.
- Labels files according to GIZ/EU filing system.
- Fills lists and tables according to the specific instructions of the administrative expert.
- Assists in preparing inventory lists.
- Maintains record of service requests.
- Prepares invoices/ receipts ready for stamping and have them signed by the responsible people.
- Assists in the preparations for internal control and EU audits.
- Updates trainings, consultancy lists and databases as advised by the technical staff.
- Prepares advance and refund calculations for work related trips.
- Updates business cards to the contact list.
- Regularly updates the fuel consumption of all project vehicles.
- Checks the logbooks of all project vehicles.
- Maintains the project office stock.
- Assures facility management of the project office and initiates in accordance with management repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Prepares financial documents (vouchers, receipts, etc.) to be delivered to the finance manager.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned, e.g. focal point for HIV, gender, security, etc., if required.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University Degree in secretarial studies, administration or any related field.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Working knowledge with EU policies and procedures are an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English and Luganda languages.
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com. Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 18th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.