Job Title: Diploma HCT Counsellors – MJAP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: New Mulago National Referral Hospital
Reports to: Prevention Coordinator, MJAP
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) Profile:
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not-for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
MJAP is implementing a sub-award grant from Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
MJAP is seeking competent, passionate and dynamic individuals to fill two (2) positions of HTC Counselors to support New Mulago Referral Hospital, based in Kampala. To provide comprehensive HIV testing and counselling services to eligible patients at New Mulago National Referral Hospital and document outcomes in line with MoH counseling guidelines and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. To provide risk based HIV testing services to patients at New Mulago National Referral Hospital
2. To provide index client testing to eligible HIV index clients (including APN, biological children testing and social network strategy testing).
3. Link all the identified HIV positive clients to care and treatment services at the Mulago ISS clinic
4. Link eligible HIV negative clients to PrEP and other prevention service like PEP, VMMC etc.
5. Follow up elicited sexual, biological children with unknown HIV status and social contacts for index clients
6. Strengthen Flexi hour testing to cover up upcoming units in Mulago Hospital complex
7. Assess psychosocial; cultural, spiritual and related patient needs and support them in finding a solution; where possible link them to other service providers that address substance abuse, mental health issues, teenage pregnancy, rape, child abuse, disclosure issues, bereavement, family support, conflict and child testing, welfare, PMTCT, OVC, crisis, will- making, development projects etc.
8. Conduct mentorship activities for APN,SNS,HIVST services to health workers on MOPD, medical wards and New Mulago Hospital complex
9. To document and complete all counseling services in appropriate tools and registers in a timely manner as provided by the Ministry of Health (MoH)
10. To document quality improvement methodologies and learning experiences from each client in strict compliance with Confidentiality provisions ; and use the data in knowledge creation and sharing in order to improve counseling services as per the National guideline
Participate in prevention activities conducted at the New Mulago National Referral Hospital/ MJAP ISS clinic such as; HIV Discordant couple forums.
11. Continuously conduct health education talks with patients to live positively with HIV; by providing information on prevention, testing, viral load, ART, prophylactic, relevant health checks and other areas that affect their quality of life.
12. Participate in continuous quality improvement approaches aimed at improving program performance.
- Diploma in nursing/midwifery, Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling or social work with additional training in HIV counselling
- At least 2 years experience in HIV counselling in a busy clinic setting
Key personal competencies:
- Membership of the Uganda Counseling Association as added advantage.
- Certificate in HIV/AIDS counseling and Antiretroviral therapy
- Proficient in Counseling models & communication skills
- Integrity, confidentiality, empathy and emotional control
- Self-motivated, take initiative, flexibility and able mentor others
How To Apply for MJAP Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB. We do appreciate your interest to work with MJAP. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the submission deadline.
Closing Date: 25th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.