Job Title: Fresher Volunteer Clinical officer – Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Wakiso
Mildmay Uganda Profile:
Mildmay Uganda has since evolved into a Center of Excellence for HIV care and palliative care; a diploma awarding institution of higher learning specializing in health sciences and accredited by National Council of Higher Education (NCHE); and a Research Centre accredited by Uganda National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST). Like our health services, the products of our training, education and research arms are already creating impact nationally and in the East African Community.
Mildmay Uganda continues to contribute significantly towards ending the HIV Epidemic as stipulated in 5-point plan for Ending HIV by 2030. In 1998, Mildmay Uganda opened its gates to public for comprehensive HIV care with just over 3000 children waiting for the life-saving drugs through PEPFAR in 2004. Today, Mildmay Uganda supports care for over 100,000 (13% of the total number of clients on ART in the country) clients 7,000 of them children.
We have continued to champion HIV prevention using a family center and targeted multilayered behavioral change (in line with societal values) and treatment interventions. Through the DREAMS initiative over 40,000 AGYW (10 -24) in high risk groups for HIV have been empowered to remain HIV negative.
The Clinical officer will support to be an exceptional health service provider, who contributes to the meticulous management of patients, families and communities at Mildmay Uganda and supported sites for improved health outcomes of clients and their communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- S/He shall participate in patient consultations and discussion of cases with the doctors over best management suited to the patient’s condition.
- S/He shall attend to emergency cases while on duty
- S/He shall arrange the lab & nursing time table and ensuring the health facility is cover by the clinical team.
- S/He shall provide spot checks on the procedure performed by the nurses/lad personnel.
- S/He shall provide on job mentorship to the nurses, CME presentation and active involvement in mortality audits.
- H/She shall perform quick evaluation for patients for Referral to tertiary level of care in the absence of a medical officer.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Ensure that Medicines, medical supplies and other commodities stocks are monitored.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health
- Registration with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council
Job related experience and knowledge:
- 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and management
- Knowledge of the consolidated guidelines for prevention and treatment of HIV in Uganda 2016.
How To Apply for Mildmay Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.