Job Title: Fresher Site Logistics Manager – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese
Reporting line: Head of Logistics
Vacancy Code: SLMX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda – manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Whether supplying high-quality cement to a craftsman or helping leading architects explore and deliver creative possibilities, Hima is committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of all its clients.
To accelerate logistical operational flows at the site in order to serve the cement market demand while certifying the optimal truck utilization at the shipping site in line with the sales and operations process and road safety compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily maintenance of order tracking/reconciliations, matching fleet to order size in order to ensure that every distribution cost incurred, we have corresponding ERP order.
- Daily tracking of TAT / GIGO / YIGO / YIYO at the designated site.
- Daily management of outbound schedules i.e. the daily dispatch schedules and makes sure they effectively and efficiently meet as per plan (OTIF).
- Certify that all trucks and trailers are available for the planned delivery for outbound finished product and materials while maintaining minimum fleet turn-around times.
- Coordinate outbound and inbound traffic from all dispatch points including virtual Plants to final destination, ensuring a safe operation and smooth traffic flows as per the LafargeHolcim road safety standards.
- Responsible for contracted/owned truck utilization and availability in order to enhance transport cost optimization.
- Adherence to legal and compliance expectations with regard to transport and driver regulations including licence checks, load weights and compliance to the National and international logistics regulations.
- Manage equitable truck allocations, adherence to journey management process and timely reporting on truck yard status and update on any delays experienced.
- Supervise compliance with contractor safety management standards through active participation, visible commitment, responsible behavior and strict adherence to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Road safety champion on site at point of location.
- Responsible for reporting dispatch volumes per shift per dispatch point including virtual Plants on daily / weekly / monthly basis.
- Responsible for driver engagement and integration / comparing IVMS and ERP data.
- Responsible for reporting for the section against set out sectional KPI’s.
- Manage safety programs within the logistics of raw materials movement and distribution through regular interaction with drivers and transporters.
- Identify and implement inbound-outbound synergy opportunities.
- Implement fleet and dispatch plans shared by the sales and operations planning committee.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or a related discipline from a recognized University.
- 2 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in driver engagement and road safety
- Experience of contract management.
- Excellent knowledge of computer reporting tools.
- Financial awareness.
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Self-driven, results-oriented.
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is added advantage
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Hima cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
1. Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Qualified females are greatly encouraged to apply
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Human Resource Manager – Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd
Plot 838 Namanve Industrial Area
P.O Box 7230, Kampala
Deadline: 2nd July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.