Job Title: Communications Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Communications Officer will implement, and evaluate Baylor’s communications and advocacy interventions, document success and communicate key issues to the key stakeholders in line with Baylor Uganda advocacy and communications policy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Scan the social environment to identify issues in society that can affect Baylor’s mission in supported regions and come up with advocacy related interventions in the communities in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Build strong alliances and networks with public and private partner organizations for concerted advocacy efforts and greater participation in policy dialogue in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Conduct Photography activities, Video recording, document and share experiences arising from advocacy interventions with the supervisor and other key stakeholders in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy
- Build the capacity of Baylor-Uganda staff in advocacy, partnering and networking as per the identified needs in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Draft and submit Information, Education, Communication materials for communication and Advocacy on HIV care, treatment and prevention to the supervisor in accordance with the key principals of communication.
- Participate in carrying out advocacy campaigns on issues related to HIV care, treatment and prevention and other emerging priorities in line with Baylor Uganda PR, Advocacy and communications policy.
- Monitor the implementation of advocacy strategies that will promote a vibrant civil society, targeted community mobilization and community engagement in advocacy and resource mobilization to enhancing community ownership and sustainability.
- Develop an operational activity plan, and budget for Advocacy and communications issues in line with unit plan/BSC and Baylor-Uganda financial policy
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly performance reports to the supervisor in line with Baylor Uganda and reporting
- Develop fundable research proposals for advocacy programs and carry out advocacy oriented research that will advance HIV/AIDS free society and adherence to care and treatment for the HIV/AIDS families in accordance with Baylor Uganda proposal writing guidelines
- The ideal applicant for the Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Communications Officer job must hold a Degree in Mass Communication (Public Relations/Media Communication).
- A relevant post graduate qualification in Communication is an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years working experience in a reputable Non-Governmental Organisation.
- Knowledge of project planning & management principles of donor guidelines with strong understanding of Communication and Advocacy issues.
- Have Key personal competences in team work and communication skills, negotiation skills, networking and partnership skills.
- Must be dynamic, persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative. She/he must have published some articles, stories and presentations.
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.