Job Title: Data Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Moroto/Kotido, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The data officer will provide ongoing technical assistance to project, district and facility teams in recording and management of national and project- related detain line with current national guidelines. S/he will also assist the MEL Officer in entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured by the Project MIS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mentor health facility staff in documentation in to appropriate national HMIS tools.
- Ensure completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured into the HMIS tools
- Support facility staff in timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports
- Support health facility staff in producing data summaries that in form continuous quality improvement initiatives in TB programming.
- Participate in analysis and interpretation of data
- Ensure availability of required tools at the facility levels.
- Provide forecast to avoid stock outs of HMIS tools at facility level.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in any data management related field.
- Experience in medical data management is an added advantage.
- Experience in navigation of DHIS2 and USG data requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting busy TB,TB/HIV district data systems is an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 21st October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.