Job Title: Field Operations Officer – RTI International Jobs 2021
Organization: RTI International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
RTI International Profile:
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. RTI provides research and technical services. It was founded in 1958 with $500,000 in funding from local businesses and the three North Carolina universities that form the Research Triangle.
The Field Operations Officer will apply professional concepts and organization’s policies and procedures to provide a wide range of office management and administrative support to the team in Karamoja. The Field Operations Officer independently responds to extensive and diverse inquiries, receives and directs all visitors and phone calls to the office, makes decisions when multiple courses of action are required for the office under their care and provides clerical and administrative support to the technical team based in Karamoja.
Roles and responsibilities:
Administration Support to the Karamoja Office (40%)
- Receive and Direct visitors/mail to respective offices
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available and ensure they receive the messages.
- Manage and document correspondences between the landscape office and the project office, other partners and stakeholders.
- Carryout general clerical duties, to include but not limited to photocopying, scanning, filing and mailing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a landscape records, including primary contact and supplier databases
- Oversee office stores stationery and supply requisitions, replenishments, and monitor usage.
- Supervise the work of service providers including cleaning, fumigation, refuse collection and security guards
- Work with the project office to ensure that the system in place to monitor staff communication costs including telephone and modem data is functioning well in the landscape
- Coordinate the receipt and entry of new assets, and participate in physical asset counts ensure they are have tag numbers and maintain a log for all project assets in a common pool.
- Support utility management at the landscape office plus any other applicable service maintenance requirements
Procurement and Logistical Support (40%)
- Supervise the landscape drivers and manage all the vehicle management, vehicle planning and scheduling, and fuel management including monthly fuel reconciliations.
- Provide logistical, accommodation and transport support for staff travelling to the Landscape
- Manage logistics (including purchase of supplies, making photocopies, reservations, etc.) for regional travel
- Liaise with suppliers in the landscape, and working with the Kampala procurement team to ensure proper segregation of duties
- Participate in procurement committee activities
- Provide support in periodic supplier pre-qualification exercise and support in performance of due diligence visits to suppliers and maintenance of an updated database of prequalified suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate procurement records to ensure that procurement records for accountability and audit purpose.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities in the landscape
- Offer office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, taking minutes/recordings, distribution and filing
Finance Support (10%)
- Administer petty cash and track transactions and receipts
- Provide support to track accounts payable documentation from the landscape for the finance department
- Make vendor receipt follow-ups from the landscape on behalf of the Finance department.
Human Resources Support (5%)
- Provide support in socializing RTI and project HR initiatives to staff in the landscape
- Support in management of staff benefits including medical, group life and group personal accident insurances pertaining to the landscape staff
- Coordinate branch Staff leave and timesheets with the HR and Finance respectively
IT Support (5%)
- Ensure proper maintenance of project equipment, including periodic anti-virus software installation and updating, equipment cleaning, etc.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 3 years of professional experience; or a master’s degree in a relevant field and at least 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Five years of experience in office administration, operations, procurement, human resources in a busy and fast-paced organization.
- Two or more years of experience with USAID project management experience is desirable
- Superior integrity, work habits, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online meeting applications
- Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions. Knowledge of the local language is required.
- Results-oriented, team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Operating a computer and other office machinery;
- Quick and clear thinking, learning, and concentrating
- Effective communication with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI.
- Ability to communicate in Nga Karamojongg is a great asset
How To Apply for RTI International Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.