Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Actuarial Associate
Job Title: Actuarial Associate – Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Britam Insurance Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Britam Insurance Uganda Profile:
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the East African region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking and Property. The product range includes life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development and private equity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the assigned business units in the preparation of valuation data.
- Carry out investigations as directed e.g. on expenses, the performance of certain lines of business, reinsurance optimization, asset-liability matching, etc.
- Timely calculation and reporting of accurate insurance technical liabilities provided for monthly financial reporting as well as carrying out Reserve Adequacy Tests. This includes the preparation of reports on valuation results.
- Participate in product development as and when required including modelling, profit and sensitivity testing. Assist in product pricing and setup in the actuarial pricing and valuation system.
- Carry out business projections for the annual business planning exercise, strategy reviews and for capital management / Solvency purposes as well as Stress and Scenario testing on the projections.
- Ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Review and monitor experience on all products to inform decision making including profit testing of existing products
- Provide comprehensive actuarial reports to the business each quarter and highlight key issues on an ongoing basis including solvency and capital monitoring
- Address all areas raised by the IRA in their risk inspection and continue to highlight emerging risks
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Minimum Qualifications for Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in actuarial sciences, statistics, or any mathematics-related field.
- Passed a minimum of 5 Actuarial Examinations.
- Possess a qualification equivalent to Certified Actuarial Analyst awarded by an actuarial society or body recognised by the International Actuarial Association.
- One to three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How To Apply for Britam Insurance Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.