Job Title: Project Officer – Green Energy (Biomass) – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA is an international NGO that inspired by Christian identity and biblical message of reconciliation and restoration of a broken world with its headquarters in the Netherlands. ZOA operate in fifteen countries on and on three continents. At ZOA we provide relief to people affected by conflict or natural disasters, contribute to a new perspective of hope in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the recovery of their livelihoods.
The Green Energy – Biomass project runs from January 2022 to August 2023 (20 months) in Madi Okollo and Terego districts of West Nile. Our target participants for the project are farmer refugees and host community members who are currently active in Savings Groups under the SUPREME project. This specific project will support the farming households through using clean and new energy sources, with biomass energy being the focus.
The Project Officer – Green Energy with support from the Project Manager is responsible for day to day planning, implementing and monitoring of the activities of ZOA activities under the Green Energy project, specifically focusing on the Biomass activity elements. Other colleagues focus on supporting the Solar Energy elements.
The Project Officer will also work closely alongside other ZOA livelihoods project teams, specifically SUPREME, to ensure coordinated and integrated support to project participants.
This role will focus on the biomass value chain elements of the project, under Outcome 1: Increased efficiency in the value chain of biomass utilization. Activities include supporting the use of Casamance kilns for efficient charcoal production, fuel saving stoves at household level and enterprise level and manufacture and use of briquettes.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement project activities in relation to the project document to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Support Savings & Development Clusters (farmer groups) and Village Agents (Community Based Facilitators/volunteers) in the day to day project implementation;
- Compilation and reporting of the field activities conducted ;
- Work with Village Agents to ensure dissemination of renewable energies among the communities;
- Ensure accurate information flow between ZOA energy project team, SDCs, VAs and the beneficiaries;
- Implement awareness activities to scale up the uptake of sustainable and efficient energy products and solutions through market and community education;
- Contribute towards resource mobilization through gaps identification;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project;
- Provide timely and accurate weekly and activity reports together with workplans;
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection and reporting;
- Organize and conduct beneficiaries feedback meetings, and report to management as required;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare project success stories on a monthly quarterly;
Human Resource Management
- The Project Officer does not supervise any staff as a direct supervisor. However, the Project Officer will work and oversee the work of community volunteers. They may be asked to check attendance records, training quality delivery and provide day to day support to volunteers.
Procurement and finance
- Initiate timely purchase requisition of project goods/services;
- Ensure expenses are in line with approved budget;
- Provide appropriate codes for expenses.
Minimum Qualifications for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Forestry and Environmental Science and related fields; working knowledge in ERI, PIP and FFS methodology is a plus.
- At least two years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects (green/renewable energy projects)
- Working experience in a humanitarian setting is an added advantage;
- Good facilitation skills, e.g. being able to host a community meeting or training group;
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s);
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license class “A’’. This will be checked with a practical test during the interview process
- High level of personal integrity
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Motivated to work independently / self-managing
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/)
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 23rd May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.