LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – 13 Fresher Project Assistants (Protection)
Job Title: 13 Project Assistants (Protection) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote interpersonal interactions and provide ongoing counseling support for SGBV survivors.
- Admit victims of domestic violence and sexual assault to the safe house, following established intake procedures.
- Provide psychosocial counseling to GBV Survivors at women’s safe spaces and in the community during case management and keep confidential records.
- Ensures daily operation of the women’s safe space in assigned Zones and Sub Counties.
- Provide timely feedback on issues and complaints raised by refugees in the settlement and host communities.
- Ensuring that all protection concerns and/or complaints by refugees are accurately assessed and recorded in the intake forms, assisted, and/or referred to the appropriate service provider.
- Conduct one on one follow-up of the case, according to operating procedures.
- Coordinate with service providers to strengthen referral pathways, including weekly referral/case meetings.
- Take lead in outreach activities and assist in the organizing and implementation of training and workshops.
- Work with Protection Officer and Community Based volunteers to conduct protection information and awareness session ‐ community outreaches on SGBV prevention and response mechanism.
- Maintains and collects data in line with agreed procedures.
- Regularly visits all the beneficiary sites where all project activities are undertaken, checks on the progress, and offer support as directed by the project officer in line with the project objectives.
- Supervises Community Structures and supports community participation in refugee settlements and at all the sub-county levels for the effective implementation and coordination of protection and SGBV interventions.
- Liaises with household members and other community leaders regularly to keep them informed of any development or problems within the settlements and surrounding areas.
- Promotes active community participation in specified project activities by involving beneficiaries, intermediaries, and local leaders in the planning and implementation process.
- Assists the project officer in preparing periodical work plans, case follow-ups and reports on protection and SGBV activities and achievements in line with the requirements stipulated in the project documents.
- Promotes active and meaningful participation of the other field staffs, beneficiaries, and other intermediaries in planning, implementation, and evaluation of project activities as required.
- Trains and mentors LWF community-based facilitators and community counselors in organizational policies, recreational and Protection, and SGBV activities implemented within the refugee settlement and host community.
- Supervises and supports community participation in refugee settlements and at all the sub-county level for the effective implementation and coordination of Protection and SGBV activities.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Ensures proper supporting documents (attendance lists (with all the necessary information filled.) end of activity reports.
- Ensures timely accountability and closely follows up with field payments.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Work closely with the M&E team to monitor project performance and ensure an appropriate level of accountability;
- Ensure that proper mapping of the right beneficiaries is done & information shared on time
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
- Ensures strict adherence to the principles of child protection/psychosocial support at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child-centered approach, and acts in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values, and principles including a rights-based approach.
- Ensures that organization assets are maintained and taken good care.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022:
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 27th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.