Data Science Intern – Makerere University
Job Title: Data Science Intern
Organization: Makerere University
Duration: 2 months
Roles and responsibilities:
- Read up and understand the basics of cell signaling and the role of BRAF inhibitors in cancer treatment.
- Starting from an existing preliminary image analysis pipeline, developing a pipeline for robust segmentation of the full cell body from bright field images using segmentation tools such as Stardist and Cellpose.
- Apply this image analysis pipeline to experimental data provided by the LSP to extract single-cell features from timelapse movies of cells treated with BRAF inhibitors.
- Perform explorative data analysis on the provided experimental data and visualize the results to identify potential markers of drug-resistant cells.
- The work will be mostly done using Python. Basic experience with Python, as well as basic Biology and image processing is an advantage.
- 2nd or 3rd year of study at Makerere University with a computing and data science background
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Application Deadline: 12 June 2023
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.