Accounts Payable Officer – Hariss International Riham
Job Position: Accounts Payable Officer
Organization: Hariss International Riham
Duty station: Mpererwe- Tula
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks.
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Management, or in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- An understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Pastel, SAP, Quick books, or any other accounting package
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 29th Nov 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!