FES Uganda Jobs – Young Leaders Training Program 2018
Vacancy: Young Leaders Training Program (YLTP) – FES Uganda Jobs
Employer: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
FES Uganda Jobs: The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Uganda office, invites suitable qualified candidates to apply for admission to the 2018 intake of the Young Leaders Training Program (YLTP). The YLTP is an initiative of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES). The goal of the program is to contribute to the development of political leadership among up-coming young women and men with the potential to become future leaders in Uganda.
About the training
The programme comprises of eight mostly policy- or issue-based modules, each lasting two days which will take place between March and November 2016. The training sessions consisting of lectures, workshops and participatory interactions will be conducted by external experts. The training is fully funded by FES.
Successful candidates MUST attend all the training sessions. By identifying and training young Ugandans with outstanding leadership qualities the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) hopes to contribute to a value driven public leadership in a democratic and pluralistic society.
1. Applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- Ugandan citizenship or proof of residency for non- citizens.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years
- Have a minimum of “A” level education
- Have a proven track record in leadership, community involvement or advocacy
- Have a demonstrated commitment to public affairs
2. Each application must be accompanied by:
- Copies of A’level certificate and any other academic transcript if applicable.
- A letter of motivation for participation and future plans relating to the training (You should clearly state your expectations towards the programme and how you would use your acquired knowledge & skills to make an impact in society)
- Documentary evidence of past leadership responsibilities or social and/or political engagement.
- An updated and complete CV with three referees.
3. Application process
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews between 14th January and 3rd February 2019. The first training module will take place from 21st – 24th February 2019. After success participation in the programme, participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Women and PWDs are encouraged to apply.
- Applications in envelopes marked “FES – YLTP intake VIII” should be sent to:
Plot 5B, Acacia Avenue
P O Box 3860 Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256-414-345535 / +256-312-264565
- Online applications should be sent to email@example.com (attached as one PDF document.)
Deadline: Monday 5th November 2018., 5PM.