Job Title: Procurement Intern – ARC Uganda Jobs
Organisation: American Refugee Committee (ARC International)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
American Refugee Committee Profile:
The American Refugee Committee (ARC International) is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world.
ARC Uganda Jobs: The Procurement Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Operations department in effecting procurement needs for ARC Uganda Program to achieve better service delivery and cost-effectiveness in line with the best and emerging practices in procurement management and ARC Uganda Operations guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the American Refugee Committee (ARC International) Procurement Intern job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management /or Operations, Business administration (Procurement), International trade.
- One year of experience in procurement or related field.
- High proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English; also proficiency in the use of computers and standard application, including use of Information Management Systems (IMS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- High level of integrity, accountability and personal ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability and inclination to work in/with teams
- High level of self-drive, discipline and desire to achieve.
- A go-getter requiring minimal supervision to work towards results.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a one-page Cover letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages) and Names, Titles and Contacts of three professional referees, to include your current or recent employer/supervisor – via email (ONLY) to UGjobs@arcrelief.org with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
NB: However due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 3rd October 2019 by 5:00pm