Job Title: The Middle East and Africa Analyst Program 2020 – Citibank Uganda Jobs 2020
Organisation: CitiBank Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Citibank Uganda Profile:
Citigroup is today’s pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world. With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries. Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
The Citi Middle East and Africa Analyst Program 2020 Profile:
Citi is looking for fresh graduates to join the team in various locations across the Middle East and Africa region. The MEA Analyst Program begins in July with a 3-week training program in Dubai. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from multiple business areas as well as network with other Analysts from across the Middle East and Africa region. The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various business areas of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Corporate Bank, Operations & Technology (O&T), and Risk. In some countries, the Risk rotation will be replaced by another business area.
In the Middle East and Africa, we have offices and potential opportunities in Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
During your training program in Dubai, you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role. These topics can include training in financial statements, credit analysis, treasury and operations. You will also have the opportunity to network with senior representatives from multiple business areas who will introduce you to Citi and its culture. So whatever your degree is in, we will give you the training you need to excel. Upon successful completion of the program, you can apply for full-time opportunities within the Citi network via our internal mobility opportunities.
Your time here will look something like this…
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS)
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes.
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
- Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews.
- Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an Analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/Public Sector Credit Analysis writing and stress testing.
- Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
- Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc.
- Taking part in client calls/site visits.
- Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization.
Operations & Technology (O&T)
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Analyze volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes.
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Citi Group Middle East and Africa Analyst Program 2020 should have completed their university degrees or will complete it prior to July 2020
- You have a minimum grade of 2:1, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You have an interest in business and banking
- You are fluent in English
- You have less than 2 years of work experience
- Ugandan nationals preferred
We’re looking for motivated individuals who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not just those with business degrees, can have a knack for business, so we’re open to all disciplines. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
- Intellectual curiosity and a proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas.
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making.
NB: If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly as the program will start in July 2020.
How to Apply For Citibank Uganda Jobs 2020 – International Paid Internship Program:
All applicants who to join Citi Group in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below by submitting an updated CV, cover letter, copy of ID and up-to-date transcript of academic results. Click on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Deadline: Open until filled (when the application link no longer works)