Job Title: Medical officer – CORSU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services Uganda Profile:
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CORSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
Overall, the post holder will appropriately admit, manage, discharge and follow up patients presenting to CORSU hospital within the expectations and limits of knowledge and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide the general medical and surgical care of patients at the hospital.
• Give correct diagnosis and management of attendant medical, surgical, obstetric/ gynecological and pediatric conditions in admitted patients
• Give correct prescription and administration of suitable medication and other treatment for the diagnosed conditions.
• Administer and/ or supervise or assist (in) the administration of treatment as and when required or requested to.
• Appropriate and regular follow up of patients’ conditions and their management while in the hospital. (i.e. day to daycare of all admitted patients)
• Assist specialists in the care and management of patients.
• Prepare patients for interventions in their management, including surgical procedures.
• Participate in ward rounds, out-patients’ clinics and in the operating theatre.
• Provide 1st(first) on-Call cover for the ward
• Manage surgical emergencies in consultation with, guidance or supervision of the attending consultant/ specialist surgeon.
• Accurately enter patients’ medical records Participate in monthly CMEs, morbidity and mortality meetings.
• Carry out any clinical or administrative duties assigned by the supervisor(s)
• Consult senior practitioners appropriately and in a timely manner concerning challenging patients and/or medical /surgical situations.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in medicine & surgery Registration with UMDPC as a medical doctor.
- Completion of internship Special Interest in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery/Orthopaedics will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of one year’s work experience in a medical setting.
- Punctual, Reliable & Good computer knowledge and skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and social skills.
- Knowledge of more than one local language is desirable
How To Apply for Corsu Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to
The Head of Human Resources, CORSU Hospital
P. O. 46 Kisubi
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Deadline: 8th January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.