Job Title: Disability Inclusion Assistant – UNFPA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Kampala
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Profile
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
The UNFPA supports programs in more than 150 countries across four geographic regions: Arab States and Europe, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. Around three-quarters of the staff work in the field. It is a founding member of the United Nations Development Group, a collection of UN agencies and programmes focused on fulfilling the Sustainable Development Goals.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in enhancing UNFPA’s Contribution to national efforts in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights Gender Based Violence (GBV) and Disability
- Supporting UNFPA to increase its engagement with other actors in the area of disability inclusion in Uganda’s Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) / GBV Policy and strategy frameworks
- Providing assistance to Increase UNFPA’s leadership in promoting SRHR/GBV and Disability
- GBV and Health Issues and how they affect Persons With Disabilities (PWDs)
- Advocacy for disability inclusion around SRHR services and information
Under the direct supervision of Gender Equality and Women Empowerment specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Track Disability inclusion compliance of implementing partners and their program implementation
- Support the team of Disability inclusion in promoting SRHR/GBV and disability inclusion
- Supporting UNFPA engagement with other partners on disability inclusion advocacy
- 3 years of experience in Mobilization skills, functional computer literacy, advocacy, teamwork
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
- Technical/vocational diploma in Special Needs, social works and social administration, community-based rehabilitation, social justice, Human rights, and related disciplines
Competencies and values
- Adaptability and Flexibility Commitment and Motivation Commitment to Continuous Learning Ethics and Values Integrity Respect for Diversity Working in Teams
How To Apply for UNFPA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 3rd November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.