Job Title: Research Associate – IPA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Research Coordinator
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Profile:
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is developing a transaction cost index (TCI) for digital financial services (DFS), a resource to systematically capture and report the cost of DFS transactions across multiple countries. The TCI will capture the full cost of completing mobile money transactions, including official listed prices, additional “off-the-books” agent fees, and non-pecuniary costs such as wait times, incidence of failed transactions, and agents asking to view customers’ sensitive account information. The index will capture three different transaction types: depositing cash into digital wallets, withdrawing cash from wallets, and transferring funds between individuals.
The goal of this project is to develop an index that can be scaled in a cost-effective manner. To that end, we will test four methods to capture transaction costs: mystery shopping, customer intercept surveys, “remote mystery shopping,” and crowdsourced data. We will compare results from these approaches –both their cost and their pricing accuracy –to determine which delivers the highest value for money. This project will be implemented in Uganda, Bangladesh, and Tanzania. This recruitment is for an RA to manage the Uganda aspects of the project, while coordinately closely with the teams in Bangladesh and Tanzania to ensure harmonization of research.
The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: designing survey questionnaires, programming survey tools into SurveyCTO, conducting refining study design and survey plans, submitting and managing IRB and other research approvals, training and managing survey teams, monitoring field work using high frequency data checks, cleaning and analyzing data, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and coordinating with key partners.
The Research Associate reports to and falls under the direct supervision of the Research Manager and works closely with the Principal Investigators on the project. The Research Associate may from time to time perform other duties not listed in the job description.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with Principal Investigators and Research Manager in the design of survey questionnaires
- Work with the data manager to program survey tools using SurveyCTO, high-frequency checks and data flows
- Develop data collection protocols and data quality assurance protocol
- Develop a data collection plan (procurement, logistics and route plan) that ensures adherence to data collection budget
- Manage the project budget
- Lead training of team leaders, auditors and enumerators
- Conduct daily data quality checks
- Ensure implementation of survey spot checks and back-checks
- Compile clean databases
- Assist the PI team in data analysis as requested
- Assisting in managing relationships with donors, partner organizations and researchers
- Produce technical reports for donor and/or other stakeholders (e.g. fieldwork reports)
- Keep the Research Manager and the PI team appraised of all project activities
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management, social sciences, public policy, political science or related fields, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Stata and experience with data management, cleaning, and analysis
- Experience with quantitative research, particularly with randomized controlled trials
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Experience running a large-scale survey and managing the survey implementation and data entry process
- Experience with Computer-Assisted Interviewing is preferred, but not required
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English language.
- Ability and willingness to be based in Uganda for project duration
How To Apply for IPA Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.