Laboratory Technician – IDI Makerere
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Organization: IDI Makerere
Roles and responsibilities
- Perform Quality assurance procedures including daily quality control, monthly comparability tests and quarterly proficiency testing on the various tests offered at the facility in line with the laboratory quality manual and MoH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Study and implement periodic recommendations in regard to MoH laboratory accreditation processes in supported regional laboratory hubs of operation and in health facilities to enhance proper functioning of the laboratory in liaison with other regional laboratory staff in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA /SLIPTA accreditation standards.
- Implement Biosafety and waste management procedures to maintain healthy, hygienic and safety aspects and work place needs routinely in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines
- Perform specimen collection from HF patients, referral of specimens (CD4, DBS, sputum, serology and chemistry samples) and reception of referred specimens including verification and documentation/ accessioning of specimens within realistic Turn Around Times in line with GLCP.
- Conduct regular periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment/machines/their parts as per available service schedules as well routinely monitor equipment and environmental temperatures in line with GLCP, MoH SOPs and equipment manuals.
- Conduct forecasts of laboratory reagents and supplies, make monthly requisitions for the required inventory from HF main store and manage the laboratory store as well as distribute reagents and supplies to testing points in line with HF store management procedures.
- Proficiently Perform sample processing, testing and analysis using MoH/ facility laboratory SOP’s and automated instrumentation where applicable for respective assays while ensuring proper documentation and timely dissemination of results in line with GCLP practices.
- Provide technical support as a member of the laboratory Technical Assistance Team to staff conducting RCT at various testing points through staff development, joint agreement and performance assessment/feedback on quality improvement interventions as per identified gaps to improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Generate and timely forward copies of weekly, monthly and quarterly laboratory reports as per set HF laboratory targets to supervisors, the regional laboratory coordinator and the district lab focal personnel in line with expected MoH and IDI reporting Guidelines
- Oversee Hub operations, sample transportation and result transmission systems under the supported field office.
- Support processes geared towards accreditation of laboratories in the supported districts
- A Diploma in Medical laboratory technology
- At least 2 years of laboratory work experience.
- Active registration with Allied Health Professional Council
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and applications online using the link below;.
Application deadline: 20th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.