2 Legal Associates – UGANET Jobs
Job title: 2 Legal Associates
Organization: Uganda network on Law, Ethics and HIV/AIDS (UGANET)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters in respect of UGANET clients
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations for UGANET and its clients under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Interview clients and maintain, a record of all client cases and other matters
- Provide sound legal advice to UGANET and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
- To schedule and professionally carry out mediation and reconciliation amongst UGANET clients, their families and all related parties to the conflicts in question
- To liaise with local leaders, community and opinion leaders, family members, the Police institution and Court officials in amicably reaching effective solutions for UGANET clients
- To carry out outreach activities in the host communities, Refugee camps, hospitals, HIV service Provision organizations and other localities that house our target clientele.
- Submit to the Head of Legal aid timely and detailed and accurate reports of cases handled and status in weekly/ monthly period
- To prepare timely and accurate activity and progress reports on the work undertaken on UGANET’S behalf.
- To attend meetings and represent UGANET at other forums as directed from time to time and prepare reports for the same.
- Participate in development of manuals and training material to be used in all UGANET training programs.
- Work well and maintain contact with community paralegals
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from an accredited Institution.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience in legal support experience.
- At least one year’s experience in provision of Legal Aid Services either as a regular staff or Volunteer in a professional setting.
- Experience working in the humanitarian setting with knowledge of Local ecosystems
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of other languages and experience in community work is of an added advantage.
- He/she should have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft word, PowerPoint, excel and publisher
How to apply:
Candidates with the necessary qualifications, competences, skills and experience should submit their application letter and a current CV in one Pdf or Word document and copies of their certified academic/professional certificates.
Applications should specify the position applied for and the location, indicate their telephone contacts, email address and include three professional referees.
Applications should be addressed to;
Executive Director, UGANET Plot 19, Valley Road Ministers’ Village, Ntinda-Kampala
or Send your Application via email: email@example.com
1. That any Applicant who applies for MORE THAN ONE POSITION or sends an application letter and CV that are not merged into one Pdf or Word document will be automatically disqualified.
2. That Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: September 13th 2023, 5:00 pm.