JOB TITLE; 30 AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION WORKERS
ORGANIZATION; FARMERS TREND AFRICA LTD
DUTY STATION; UGANDA
Agricultural Extension Officers Jobs: The extension worker will be responsible in providing agricultural knowledge to farmer groups especially in the rural areas in various parts in Uganda. In collaboration with the public and NGO sector partners, he or she will provide relevant agronomic trainings and also facilitating the linkages to enhance agricultural productivity
Farmers Trend Africa Ltd originated from Kenya East Africa where the firm has been operating for over seven years in late 2017 the firm formed a work relationship with some Ugandan agriculturalist and extension experts to form Farmers Trend Africa Ltd, located in Uganda. The firm was fully incorporated in the early months of 2018 with its offices at Posta Office Building Kampala. In Uganda, Framers Trend Africa Ltd is registered and operating as an agricultural firm which provides agricultural services and platform for farmers to get information and advice on farming skills as well as innovative ideas on food sustainability. The Firm has many sources which guide the farmers on the farming skills related to various forms of agriculture. The Firm is partnering with various agronomists and extension service providers in the implementation of its goals and agendas, and this has grown its exposure to many farmers and stakeholders countrywide.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Designing and use of appropriate extension materials during trainings to farmers
- Support delivery of quality extension services and technical advices to farmer groups.
- Build technical capacity of agribusinesses to provide embedded extension services
- Demonstrate agro-techniques to farmers
- Maintain close coordination and co-operation with other agriculture staff and district departments of agriculture to ensure synergy and effectiveness of operations.
- Review and reflection meetings and sessions.
- Build field team capacity in the areas of agricultural extension and other relevant technical areas
- Report writing and presentation
- The ideal candidate for this job should hold a diploma or Bachelor’s degree in science in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural and rural innovation, food science and technology, or any other related field.
- Have at least one year experience in agricultural activities and community mobilization targeting farmers
- Must be willing to attend different trainings organized by the company
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills e.g. MS word excel power point
HOW TO APPLY
All suitable candidates for this position should send their applications including a cover letter Cleary stating your salary expectation, CV with 3 referees, copies of academic qualifications through the administrator farmers trend Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information call 0414344784
DEADLINE; 16th December 2018