Job Title: 4 Fresher Branch Focal Persons – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kapchorwa, Kumi, Moroto, Pallisa
Reports to: Coordinator Organisation Development and Volunteer Management
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Branch Focal Person will support the Coordinator Organization Development and Volunteer Management in:
- Implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2 and;
- Implementation of the URCS core activities i.e. Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and Values, First Aid, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Blood Donor Recruitment, Membership Recruitment, Local Resource Mobilization and Volunteer Management.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2: Strengthen Branch Membership Management;
- Support the dissemination and implementing all the URCS approved policies;
- Adhere and support the implementation of the URCS approved systems and structures at the Branch level;
- Support the coordination and implementation of membership recruitment campaigns;
- Support the Branch resource mobilization, and design plans for sustainability of the Branch;
- Support to identify, engage, develop and maintain Branch and institutional partnerships relevant to the growth of URCS;
- Support the implementation of a robust volunteer management framework at the Branch in order to attract and retain value-adding volunteers to the Society;
- Provide technical and operational support to the Branch governance in harmony with URCS constitution and other policies;
- Support to identify and address capacity building requirements for staff, governance and volunteers at the Branch;
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of the branch performance and compliance with the URCS constitution as well as other policies;
- Support to strategically identify, evaluate and seek opportunities to collaborate with the URCS Departments, programs, services and activities that engage URCS youth in promoting membership recruitment, dissemination, international youth programs and quality program implementation;
- Ensure proper usage and safe custody of Branch assets and compliance with the NS approved policies;
- Prepare and submit timely & quality accountabilities and reports in accordance with URCS standards and policies.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Social Sciences, Education, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Law or a related field from a reputable institute
- Three years’ experience managing community based interventions and or membership organisations.
- Training in Youth and Volunteer Management programs.
- Experience in Youth and Volunteer Management;
- Experience in Marketing and Resource Mobilization.
- Experience in managing volunteers and membership based organizations will be of added advantage
- High level of integrity
- Good knowledge of Grassroots Program Design, Management and Implementation.
- Knowledge of planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of policy implementation.
- Demonstrated creativity and productivity in resource mobilization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including well developed proposal and report writing skills.
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2021
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment. You can get the application template from here
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.