Job Title: Junior Study Coordinator – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Mbarara
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate to fill the position of Junior Study Coordinator for the SEARCH IPT project based in Mbarara. The successful candidate will report to the Programme Coordinator.
Purpose of the Position: The Junior Study Coordinator will coordinate Phase II of the SEARCH IPT study as well as coordinate administrative activities for the study in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in developing essential study documents, formulate training materials, coordinate and participate in the trainings of these documents to study staff.
2. Participating in making the standard operating procedures and ensuring that staff
understand and adhere to SOPs and other study guidelines.
3. Planning and preparing for meetings with District Health Officers (DHOs) and District
TB/Leprosy supervisors (DTLS) according to the study protocol.
4. Presenting study related material to DHOs/DTLS and facilitating discussions at SEARCHIPT study meetings.
5. Work with DHOs to plan and conduct Trainer of Trainers (ToT) meetings in the districts
using the SEARCH-IPT Business curriculum and to provide technical support to them
6. Keep track of all ToT meetings in districts participating in the SEARCH-IPT intervention
and document them accordingly.
7. Ensure collection of routine data on variables of interest to the SEARCH-IPT study from
the District Health Information System (DHIS2) with support from your supervisor.
8. Ensure timely reporting and submission of all study updates and progress reports to the study team as required.
9. Provide leadership and technical guidance to other members of the SEARCH-IPT study
10. Work as the liaison coordinator between SEARCH-IPT and participating District Local
Governments & Implementing Partners personnel. In consultation with the supervisor
may be delegated to represent SEARCH-IPT at meetings with implementing partners.
11. Liaise with procurement department to quantify consumption and ensure that the
necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the study are in place.
Key Result Areas/Outputs (approximately 5)
1. Number of DHO meetings successfully planned, executed with reports submitted to the
2. Participation in development of study SOPs.
3. Number of ToT meetings successfully attended in participating districts.
4. Ensure that all SEARCH-IPT data is complete and collected as per the study protocol and SOPs.
5. Study and organizational meetings actively participated in.
1. A bachelor’s degree in human medicine and Surgery from a reputable institution.
2. A Master’s degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
3. At least two years’ progressive work experience in a clinical and/or research setting.
4. Must be registered with and licensed by UMDPC with up to date APL
5. Excellent Oral and communication skills
6. Demonstrate teamwork; he or she must work collaboratively with teammates to
achieve organizational goals.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft office applications .
8. Fast paced and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
1. All applications must be submitted through the IDRC recruitment portal on or before 5:00pm, Monday 24th May 2021.
2. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
3. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
4. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
Deadline: 24th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.