IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Orthopedic Assistant
Job Title: Orthopedic Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Lamwo, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kasese, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua and Kampala.
The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Obongi and Arua.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
Under the supervision and guidance of the a Registered Nurse, the enrolled nurse will be responsible for direct delivery of high quality and efficient nursing services to clients at the attached health facility and in the community ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines. S/he will be expected to work within the health facility and also offer services in the community in the catchment area.
Roles and Responsibilities for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Assist the orthopedic officer when performing some procedures where additional support is needed.
- Ensure the department is well organized, equipment and supplies well maintained in their rightful conditions
- Support in receiving back any re-usable supplies being returned by beneficiaries and ensuring their safe custody
- Proper documentation of all that is happening in the orthopedics department (i.e. recording, inventory management)
- Support in triage at the department to ensure the most urgent are attended to faster
- Provide nursing care to all patients within the orthopedic department
- Dispense drugs and other special medical items/ appliances to orthopedic clients
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to orthopedic diseases and infections through health education
- Participate in referral and transfer process for orthopedic cases as need arises
- Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the orthopedic clinic
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Undertake any other roles assigned by the orthopedics officer.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Must have a certificate of enrollment of nursing from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- At least 2 years of work experience, with additional experience working in an orthopedic clinic/ department.
- Must be good at planning and organizing.
- Must have great concern for quality and standards.
- Good communication skills.
- Ethics and integrity
- Self-control and stress management.
- Time management.
- Willing to learn and teachable.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 3rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.