3 Medical Social Workers – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs
Job Title: 3 Medical Social Workers
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty station: Hoima & Yumbe
Roles and responsibilities:
- Providing counseling and care support to destitute and less privileged
- Liaising with Police, Home Care Centres and other stakeholders and providing for the less privileged.
- Sourcing for resources for basic needs for abandoned children and coordinating their welfare.
- Coordinating probation and custody requirements for abandoned babies.
- Participating in research and related activities.
- Preparing and submitting reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree Counselling and related fields, Bachelors of Social Works and Social Administration and related fields.
- Candidates possessing additional qualifications in health care management will have an added advantage.
- Those trained in HIV counselling and patient management will have added advantages.
- Two years (2) working experience in a similar position with a reputable organization/Institution.
How To Apply:
Handwritten applications should be delivered to the Reception Desk, Ground Floor, Wing A-AIDS Control Program Offices, Lourdel Towers, Plot 1, Lourdel Road Kampala, MOH HeadquartersKampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Health Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya Tel. +256414-697366/0414-697367/0414-664469
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 21, 2023; 5:00 Pm.