Job Title: 52 Volunteer Field Agents DINU– CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station:Moroto, Amudat, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is part of the Consortium led by CARE Denmark including, Gulu Agricultural Development Company (GADC), Dynamic Agro-Pastoral Development Organisation (DADO) and SORUDA which was awarded to implement a three-year Development Initiative for Northern Uganda (DINU) program. The DINU, a Government of Uganda Program with support from European Union is designed to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household income in the Karamoja Sub-region, and Katakwi District. It will be executed in ten (11) districts of Abim, Kotido, Karenga, Kaabong, Moroto, Amudat, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk, Napak, Kitgum and Katakwi. CRS will specifically implement in the five (5) South Karamoja districts of Moroto, Amudat, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk and Napak.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The volunteers will support the DINU Program in community mobilization for the project interventions.
- Ensure the formation, training and performance of Y/VSLAs.
- Will support in the mobilization and monitoring of farmer groups, Community Animal Health workers, VHT members, MCGs, Lead Mothers, and facilitate establishment of VSLA groups.
- Conduct support supervision and coaching on management and savings and credit transaction handling.
- Assess and support in identification of VSLA groups ready for linkages with banks for credit and other agro-processors, input and produce buyers.
- Promote gender mainstreaming within the farmer groups.
- Provide feedback from our project community structures in relation to the Project interventions.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the beneficiaries at the community level to assist in strengthening the community interest,
- Support in translation, in case of trainings at the field level, that may be conducted by CRS or district technical staff that are not knowledgeable in the local language.
Implementation period, location and numbers per district.
The volunteers will support the project from the date of hire to September 2022.
They should be residents of the sub-counties and parishes of implementation as shown in the table at the bottom. Applicants should provide a letter from the LC1 confirming the location of residence.
Each volunteer field agent will receive a Monthly Stipend.
The Field Agent will report to Field Assistant who will offer technical guidance on a day to day basis.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A certificate in the field of Agriculture livelihoods or Nutrition or an Uganda Certificate of Education with experience in implementing livelihoods.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in community-based development work, ideally in the field of Agriculture, Village Savings and loaning associations for an NGO or CBO.
- Ability to communicate with communities and local leaders.
- Experience in writing basic reports.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Pokot or Nga karimojong are a MUST
How To Apply For CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application.
In the subject line of the email, copy and paste – VOLUNTEERFIELDAGENTS. All applications that do not contain this subject line will be rejected and not read.
Deadline: October 19, 2020 at 5:00pm