IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Psychiatric Clinical Officer
Job Title: Psychiatric Clinical Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Medical Officer
Directly Supervises: Psychiatric Nurse
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming.
Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the psychiatric clinical officer shall be responsible for provision of mental health care, counselling and active case management. H/she will provide facility and community-based mental health interventions in IRC’s areas of jurisdiction. Assess patients’ mental status, develop treatment plans and provide up to date patient care including making referrals to the appropriate services points.
Roles and Responsibilities for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Diagnose, treat and provide evidence- based management of patients with mental illness.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating psychiatric activities.
- Refer complicated cases to appropriate level of care.
- Ensure maximum protection of mental patients, relatives and staff involved in patient management.
- Participate in integrated community outreaches providing equitable services to cases in the community including assessment of their psychosocial support.
- Identify mental health related gaps and advice programing to deliver client centered interventions.
- Develop capacity of other clinical staffs to implement MHGAP through CPDs and onsite mentorship.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Ensure that Medicines, medical supplies and other commodities stocks are monitored
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Holds a diploma in psychiatric clinical medicines from a reputable institution with at least two years’ experience preferably in a humanitarian setting. Must be registered with the Allied health professional council and have a valid practicing license.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization, implementing PHC services in a humanitarian setting.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: September 1st, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.