Deadline: 19th August, 2016
Funding Source: United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Reports to: Pharmacist
Duty Station: Uganda
The United States Government under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is a key partner in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Uganda that plans to complement the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) effort in addressing the Human Resources for Health (HRH) shortage. The support aims to scale up HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in light of the rising HIV/AIDS prevalence in the country. Health workers recruited under this support will be contracted by the implementing Partners and they will be seconded to identified hospitals and Health Centres.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Planning for dispensing activities in the hospital.
· In charge of registering all medicines five to patients.
· Guiding and advising patients and attendants in the proper use and storage of medicines.
· Advising Clinicians and other health professionals on prescriptions.
· Making requisitions for medicines and other health supplies from stores.
· Compiling and sending reports on drugs usage and submitting to the Senior Dispenser.
· Participating in research activities.
· Reporting expired and damaged medicines
· Supporting in the preparation of quality compounded medicines and infusions
· Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Dispenser should hold a Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution.
· He / she should also be registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested should send their applications in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (Revised 2008) to the Secretary of the respective District Service Commission.
The application forms
are obtainable from the Health Service Commission and District Service Commission Offices or download here
, download here.
Handwritten applications in triplicate are also acceptable. The applications should bear the title, number of the post applied for, name of the District and name of the site where the job is tenable. (Check at the top of the bottom). Please include telephone contacts on the application.
The applicants should apply for only one post in one Local Government. Health Professionals who are already in government or PNFP employment are not encouraged to apply. The applicants should attach to each of the three application forms or hand written application letters three (3) sets of certified photocopies of their academic certificates, testimonials, professional registration certificates, valid practicing licenses and three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs.
Send your applications or deliver them to your preferred district addresses as indicated below;
Bugiri P.O. Box 37, Bugiri
Iganga P.O. Box 358, Iganga
Namayingo P.O. Box Box 64, Bugiri
Ntungamo P.O. Box Box 1, Ntungamo
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Health workers who are already in government service or private not for profit (PNFP) employment should not apply and will not be considered.
Guidance & Counseling Jobs